Monday, September 25, 2006

Google Analytics Freak Out

I am not an HTML guy. Not my thing, never will be.

So, when I somehow managed to figure out how to install Google Analytics on my blog, I liken it to the feeling of inventing something. In fact, all I did was cut and paste some code. I realize it is not a hard task, but trust me when I tell you that adding Technorati Tags to my posts last month made me feel like I was Copernicus. So, this Google stuff is just blowing my mind altogheter.

I am freaking because I now know where my traffic is coming from (hint: it's not all from Thornhill, Ontario Canada in my Mom's neighborhood.)

Honestly, I am amazed at the reach out to world my little blog has achieved. I am humbled that people actually read what I have to say and don't think I am too crazy. So thanks to everyone for dropping by. It helps keep the inspiration alive.

Note to all my grade-school teachers: Only one person has pointed out a spelling error and my bad grammer in over 100 posts. You see, I was kind of listening a bit while doodling. But, not too much.

Technorati Tags:

3 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger The Verve said...

Isn't Google Analytics fun! You should also check out www.technorati.com if you haven't already. They'll index your blog and let you know if any other blogs in the network are linking to yours. I've noticed a good portion of our traffic coming from technorati.

Keep up the good blogging!

Jason Verwey

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Michael Seaton said...

Thanks Jason,
I have been a Technorati addict for the past 3 months, but more so over the past 6 weeks since I started tagging. In the initial month of starting to tag my posts, I went from 250,000+ rank to around 70,000.

I hate all these tools because I really don't need any new obsessions! :)

Kidding , they are all very powerful. Digg and Delicious are also quite interesting.

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When Google introduced Analytics early this year we jumped at the chance. This tool is now an important part of our business operations. And it's free.

Omniture, Core Metrics, Web Trends and others would have to offer a pretty strong value proposition for me to switch back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home