Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Google helps launch the new Saturn Aura with campaign from Goodby Silverstein & Partners

I received an email yesterday morning from Hashem Bajwa at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners in San Francisco promoting a newly launched campaign for GM's Saturn Aura.

Here is what Hashem sent:
"Hi Michael, I just wanted to share a pretty cool campaign we've created with Google for GM that you might find interesting. Uses Google in some cool new ways. I'd be grateful for your take, from the client perspective!"

He goes onto explain that the campaign launched on Monday and allows potential customers to take get to know their local Saturn manager "across six market areas including Buffalo N.Y.; Dallas; Harrisburg, Pa.; Indianapolis; Las Vegas, Nev.; and Raleigh, N.C. - all recorded individually to provide the local information."

So, here is my take on why I like this campaign:
- Puts the power of Google geo-targeting to good use
- Contains relevant video while showing off Google Earth capabilities
- It is not overdone, gets the point across and uses technology in an engaging manner
- They posted to Google video for a quickie look at how the campaign works
- Hashem Bajwa reached out to bloggers to spread the word on launch day
- They managed to personalize the email announcement to get me reading on

Hashem closed his note with the following:
"I just wanted to share to share (sic) how quickly things are changing and an example of how we're helping make he change not just reacting to it!"

And so you are GS&P. Although readers can see the cut-and-paste typo above, I still give them a decent round of applause for the effort.

Apparently Hashem was a busy agency guy yesterday communicating within the blogosphere as I read about the campaign on Jaffe Juice, Experience the Message, Random Culture and Chroma to name a few blogs. All in all some pretty good stuff here that I'd like to see more of.


Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home