Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Power of Podcasting

Across the Sound # 44 - the latest podcast from Joseph Jaffe was brilliant. It was Joe in conversation with a room full of attendees at conference.

A few reasons why this episode is a great listen:
- Joe shares some of his blogging and podcasting content strategy
- He provides insights into the tools that make the world of blogging and podcasting work - sharing his own learning via experimentation.
- He describes today's environment & the areas of change that will impact marketing and business for tomorrow.
- As usual, he is full of passion, enthusiasm and prescription

As he described the frontier of podcasting and how it is still in it's infancy, it got me thinking about how this past year has been one of the biggest in my personal and professional growth. I attribute this growth to podcasts and blogs (and of course a stable of books).

Tapping into the this collective wisdom everyday has been an unbelievable advantage. I still don't get why everyone is not aboard this train?!?!

But here's the thing; in spite of being loaded with insights that have accelerated my learning and opinions like never before, I still had a huge fear when starting my blog (as well as becoming an Across the Sound correspondent). The fear was having nothing to add to the conversation. Then I realized that I needed to face my fear head-on. If I failed, so what? At least I would have learned something from it.

So, is it natural that my blogging will lead to a podcasting? Perhaps. The inspiration I found in this new world of uncensored conversations and ideas sparked my desire to launch The Client Side, so why not dabble in podcasting?

Across the Sound #44 made me think really hard about how the space is still being shaped and how I feel compelled to jump in and add my voice to the ones being heard - even if my audience is in single digits and I sound dorky (cause you know I will) it will still be fun. So, when my shoes are all laced up and I am ready to take that leap, I'll let you know.

Until that time, tap into the Power of Podcasting with the real experts and voices of wisdom like Joseph Jaffe, or Six Pixels of Separation with Mitch Joel, or American Copywriter with Tug McTighe & John January, or Inside PR with David Jones & Terry Fallis, or For Immediate Release with Shel Holtz & Neville Hobson, or Church of the Customer with Jackie Hubba and Ben McConnel ....... just go to iTunes and figure it out. Tell them I sent you.

Technorati Tags:

3 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael:

I was equally impressed with ATS 44 from Joseph. I've also blogged about it and mentioned it on my upcoming podcast (already recorded and to be released in the next day or so).

It's very much worth a listen, as Joe explains some of the tools he uses and talks about how podcasting can help grow a business.

In the last month alone, Joe has also podcasted from a train and a plane! He continues to be innovative, informative, and passionate.

Michael, I have no doubt that the passion from podcasters such as Joe will inspire you to launch your own very soon--it happened with me less than two months ago, and now I wonder why I waited as long as I did to get started. I'm having a ball!

Let me know when you launch the Client Side podcast, and I pledge to be one of your very first listeners.

--Bryan Person
Blog: Bryper.com
Podcast: New Comm Road Podcast

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Michael Seaton said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Michael Seaton said...

Thanks Bryan. I have sampled the podcast waters as a correspondant for Joseph on ATS. What I have found is that it is really hard to limit my segments to under 3 mins.

That tells me something and I really hope to begin soon. I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks for your encouraging words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home