Wednesday, August 30, 2006

MySpace Marketing

Interesting article over on iMediaConnection by editor Nanette Marcus on a few examples of marketing on MySpace. Five that work and one that does not. It is not an in-depth kind of piece, but provides a glimpse at what is going on with some visuals.

I see the attraction and potential target market/audience for Nike and Cingular Sounds. The others I am not so sure about.

Wal-Mart is the lone example of a MySpace loser cited for The Hub - School Your Way.

Ok, first off, in my day "school my way" meant spending quality time at the video arcade / pool hall across the street playing Frogger and Defender (I hope my Mom does not read this post).

Second, in one of the videos on The Hub, schoolboy sk8tr Luke tells us to "be yourself" and "don't conform". Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't conformity the only way to do business with Wal-Mart?

Can you imagine Luke all grown up as a potential supplier... "but Mr. Wal Mart Buyer, we just want to be ourselves, do we really have to conform to what Wal-Mart says to do business with you nice folks? That's precisely the moment when Luke hears "Ah, you're the kid from that video, we had good chuckle with that one. Life ain't like that son. Thanks for your time, NEXT!"

Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home